Let’s start from Scratch and learn to code: Part 1
In case you missed it… Yesterday afternoon, Thursday 27 April, we ran our first in a three-part series of web conferences: Let’s start from Scratch and learn to code. Part 1: Let’s build two quizzes in Scratch. Learn about logic patterns, algorithms, data storage and making maths fun.
On this page you will find:
- recording of web conference
- presentation slides
- links to Scratch projects
- links to web conferences for Parts 2 & 3
Recording of web conference
If you would like to watch the recording, click on this link.
For more information on the web conference schedule if you would like to register for part 2 and 3:
Links to Scratch projects
– Capital Cities Quiz: Learn about sequencing, variables, branching, strings, algorithms.
– Maths Quiz: : Learn about sequencing, variables, branching, maths operations, data, algorithms.
– The Conversation: Learn about sequencing, variables, joining strings, algorithms.
Part 2: Thursday 4 May, 3.30pm
In the words of Steve Jobs, “Computer science is a liberal arts”. Let’s create digital artwork and introduce how you can make animated stories with Scratch. Learn about Cartesian coordinates, algorithms, and sequencing.
Part 3: Thursday 11 May, 3.30pm
Let’s build a computer game and make learning about Cartesian coordinates fun. Learn about algorithms, sequencing, branching and looping.
If you’re interested in our online classes, click the button below.
If you’re interested to find out more