Careers with Coding Kids
Join a young, exciting and vibrant team! Contribute, give back and get paid for it. Develop the next generation of coders, creators and innovators.
We are building an army of change makers to maximise social impact. Join us in our educational revolution. Create the educational community that you always wished you had as a child.
Coding Kids runs...
- Before and after-school code clubs in in Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan and Gold Coast
- School holiday code camps
- Professional development workshops for teachers and librarians
- Coding classes for primary and secondary students
- Learn to code with Scratch
- Inventing and Design Thinking with InnoBits & LittleBits
- Programming Dash and Dot robots
- Programming Sphero SPRK+
- Learn to code with App Inventor
- Learn to code with Python
- Programming with Kano computers
- Programming with Raspberry Pi
The current education system is not keeping up with the fast paced changing world. We want to develop children who will become agile adults thriving against the relentless pace of automation and digitisation.
Coding Mentor Responsibilities
- Customer service
- Exceptional education: prepare for the class, deliver class demonstrations and lead class discussions, manage the classroom, guide students through exploring computer programming concepts.
- ensure room is ready prior to start of class: projector, screen, wifi/internet.
- Quality customer service including responding to customer questions e.g. from parents or school teachers.
- Complete roll call at the start of each class.
- Help students with individual problems
- Facilitate learning and exploration by asking the student questions that will guide them and help them discover the solution themselves rather than giving prescriptive directions
- Ensure safety of children in your care. Remain with children e.g. in case of late pick up.
- Teamwork: We generally have a class of 16 students with 2 tutors or 22 students with 3 tutors. Classes work best when the team of tutors communicate and work together.
Coding Kids is growing fast. There are many opportunities beyond a role as a Coding Mentor e.g. back office IT, digital marketing, customer service, curriculum development, events management and supervisory roles. However, a strong understanding of our front line roles is vital to further progress in the company.
- Share our worldview and philosophy.
- Applicants must have excellent command of spoken English.
- Be available for immediate start.
- Tutors will be expected to work at least 1 lesson per week.
- Must be able to make a long term commitment to work.
- Blue card (Application form here. Employer signature required on form)
- A great fit for a university student e.g. Computer Science, IT, Education.
- Not suitable for those seeking for full-time employment.
To be considered for the next round of applications, please contact us using the form below:
Job Type: Casual
- Coding Mentor Trainee $22.00/hour (0-4 weeks)
- Coding Mentor: $24.00/hour (1-6 months)
- Senior Coding Mentor: $26.00/hour (6 months +)
- Brisbane QLD
- Ipswich QLD
- Moreton Bay region, QLD
- Logan QLD
- Sunshine Coast QLD
- Gold Coast QLD
- High school or equivalent
- Customer service: 1 year
- Computer programming: 1 year
Recruitment is ongoing to meet rapid company growth.
Find out more about us below:
Coding Kids in the media:
- Interview on 612 ABC Radio
- Vine video by Leeanne Enoch MP
- Number 39 in “40 UNDER 40: TOP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS BRISBANE”