Careers with Coding Kids
Join a young, exciting and vibrant team! Contribute, give back and get paid for it. Develop the next generation of creators, innovators, and change makers.
We are building an army of change makers to maximise social impact. Join us in our educational revolution. Create the educational community that you always wished you had as a child.
Coding Kids runs...
- Before and after-school code clubs in Brisbane and surrounds.
- School holiday code camps
- Professional development workshops for teachers and librarians
- Coding classes for primary and secondary students
- Computational / Design / Systems thinking
- Building digital solutions to community problems
- Integrate Digital Technologies into any KLA
- Innovation, creativity, & STEM
- Learn to code with coding blocks
- Learn to code with textual languages: Python, HTML, CSS, JS
It is a challenge keeping up with the fast paced changing world. We want to develop children who will become agile adults thriving against the relentless pace of automation and digitisation.
We have 2 available roles:
- Teacher PD outreach
- Coding Mentor
Teacher PD outreach
- experienced primary school teacher
- casual part-time requirements (15 hours a week)
- confident with Digital Technologies Australian Curriculum
- Confident with going to schools to support them in implementation of the new curriculum
- Independent worker
- Strong spoken and written communications skills
- Team player
- Engaged learning environment
- Customer service
- Exceptional education: prepare for the class, deliver class demonstrations and lead class discussions, manage the classroom, guide students through exploring computer programming concepts.
- ensure room is ready prior to start of class: projector, screen, wifi/internet.
- Quality customer service including responding to customer questions e.g. from parents or school teachers.
- Complete roll call at the start of each class.
- Help students with individual problems
- Facilitate learning and exploration by asking the student questions that will guide them and help them discover the solution themselves rather than giving prescriptive directions
- Ensure safety of children in your care. Remain with children e.g. in case of late pick up.
- Teamwork: We generally have a class of 16 students with 2 tutors or 22 students with 3 tutors. Classes work best when the team of tutors communicate and work together.
- Suits university students.
- Share our worldview and philosophy.
- Applicants must have excellent command of spoken English.
- Must be able to make a long term commitment to work.
- Blue card (Application form here. Employer signature required on form)
- Not suitable for those seeking for full-time employment.
To be considered for the next round of applications, please contact us using the form below:
Find out more about us below:
Coding Kids in the media:
- Interview on ABC Radio Brisbane
- Vine video by Leeanne Enoch MP
- Number 39 in “40 UNDER 40: TOP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS BRISBANE”