Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
These Terms may be amended from time to time, together with any documents, policies, or terms they expressly incorporate by reference are entered into with Coding Kids. “You” includes individual, you and any individual, entity, customer, student, enrolee and the student and enrolee’s parents or legal guardians. “We” or “us” refers to the business registered as Coding Kids ABN 37 957 879 143 and any of its associates or related parties.
2.1. By enrolling with us, you:
2.1.1. agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions of Enrolment“) and if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then your parents or legal guardians agreed to be legally bound by these terms and conditions;
2.1.2. release and discharge Coding Kids from all claims that you may have or may have had arising from, or in connection with, your course with Coding Kids;
2.1.3. indemnify Coding Kids to the extent permitted by the law for any claim as a result of your enrolment or course with Coding Kids;
2.1.4. confirm that all information you have given us in connection with your enrolment is complete, true and correct at the time it is provide, including medical history and
condition that may affect your ability to undertake the Coding Kids’ course, including
but not limited to blackout, seizure, convulsion, fainting, dizzy spells;
2.1.5. confirm that you have read and understood all the information in this document, any relevant policies, code of ethics and that you agree to act in accordance to them;
2.1.6. accept that it is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is current. Any changes to your name, address, email address, phone numbers,
payment options or banking details should be sent to us as soon as practicable with
any relevant documentation;
2.1.7. acknowledge that you may be prevented from enrolling with us or have your enrolment cancelled if we determine that you have provided false or misleading
statement or are in breach of these terms and conditions or at our discretion; and
2.1.8. confirm that if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you have submitted your parental consent form.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
3.1. By enrolling with us, you:
3.1.1. confirm that you’ve understood the fees associated with the course;
3.1.2. accept that courses have a minimum of eight (8) weeks of classes for each school term; and
3.1.3. prepaid for the course one (1) days before the beginning of the course.
3.2. If you fail to pay any part of the course fee by the due date, we reserve the right to:
3.2.1. restrict access to our courses that we provide to you;
3.2.2. restrict access to any facilities associated with the course provided to you; and
3.2.3. notify relevant credit agencies of your default.
3.3. If you are paying your course fee by instalment, you:
3.3.1. must use a valid credit card;
3.3.2. must agree to a Direct Debit Request Service Agreement;
3.3.3. must pay all such instalments on or before the due dates;
3.3.4. remain liable for unpaid instalments event.
4. WITHDRAWAL AND REFUNDS
4.1. You can get a refund and incur an administration charge of
forty dollars ($40.00) plus GST:
4.1.1. if we are notified in writing 10 business days before your course starts.
4.2. To be eligible for a refund you must have:
4.2.1. withdrawn from the course.
5.1. By enrolling with us you:
5.1.1. agree that we may collect personal information about you for the purposes of enrolling you in your course, processing your enrolment application, managing your participation in your course and communicating with you about our products and services; and
5.1.2. understand that we are obligated to disclose your personal information to relevant government authorities as required by law and for reporting purposes.
6. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
6.1. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information and data which relates to the activities of Coding Kids and which is not in the public domain. Included in this definition are staff information, client and student information, copyright material and the like.
6.2. All documents, manuals, hardware and software provided for use by Coding Kids and any data or documents and intellectual property that are confidential and will remain the property of Coding Kids.
6.3. Intellectual property includes, but are not limited to copyright, trade marks (registered or unregistered), designs (registered or unregistered), inventions, patents, know – how, audio materials and audio – visual materials.
7. OUR OBLIGATION
7.1. Subject to these terms and conditions, Coding Kids:
7.1.1. agrees to provide you with access to our learning environment, associated learning, material and trainers;
7.1.2. will respond to your questions throughout the course; and
7.2. Coding Kids is entitled to make changes to your course, to our policies and procedures from
time to time and reasonable changes to our fees.
7.3. Coding Kids reserves the right to discontinue tuition for any reasonable cause.
8. GENERAL CONDUCT
8.1. Student are expected to behave honestly, ethically and responsibly in all dealings with our tutors and other students.
9.1. Any equipment provided by Coding Kids will remain the property of Coding Kids.
9.2. Any equipment provided by Coding Kids shall be used within the course of conduct of
9.3. Coding Kids do not hold any liability or responsibility for any equipment, including its safety to other students or other persons, that you own and use as part of your course with Coding Kids.
Photo and Video Consent
Participants at Coding Kids’ workshops will be involved in various activities where they may be photographed and/or be filmed. Photographs and/or videos of students may be reproduced in Coding Kids publications, marketing materials and website for promotional purposes.
By accepting our Terms and Conditions you have given consent for Coding Kids to use and publish photographs and/or videos of your child for promotional purposes. However, you are also able to give Coding Kids written notification that photo and video consent has not been given.
Please note, you should be aware that the photographs and/or videos of your child may be considered personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). For more information, please visit: https://www.oaic.gov.au/
In accepting the Terms and Conditions you understand that:
- the photographs, digital images, and videos will only be used for the promotional purposes of Coding Kids;
- you consent to Coding Kids using and publishing photographs, digital images and/or videos in any of its publications and materials (including written, electronic or multimedia materials) for distribution anywhere in the world, on Coding Kids website, for promotional purposes;
- while the contents of the Coding Kid’s website are protected by copyright, once information has been published on the Internet, Coding Kids has no control over its subsequent use and disclosure;
- personal information published on the Internet is accessible to anyone with access to the Internet, from anywhere in the world; and
- you indemnify Coding Kids to the extent permitted by the law for any claim as a result of Coding Kids using and publishing photographs, digital images and/or videos in any of its publications and materials.
As the person purchasing the product / service, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age and you are the
parent/guardian of the enrolled student, who is under 18 years and you have the legal capacity to give consent.
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you give consent to Coding Kids to take photographs and/or videos of your child. You are also able to give Coding Kids written notification that photo and video consent has not been given.
You understand that:
- Coding Kids does not guarantee that any photographs, digital images, or videos of your child will necessarily be used;
- You will not be given the original of the photographs, digital images, or videos of your child;
- You will not be remunerated for the use of these photographs, digital images or videos of your child;
- the publication of photographs, digital images, or videos of your child include possible use on the Internet and in any marketing materials;
- You consent to the film production company/photographer collecting the photographs, digital images, or videos of your child.
- You consent to Coding Kids and those acting under its authority to copy and distribute photographs, digital images and videos of your child in whole or in part as they deem appropriate for promotional purposes.
- You indemnify Coding Kids to the extent permitted by the law for any claim as a result of Coding Kids using and publishing photographs, digital images and/or videos of your child in any of its publications and materials.
Feel free to contact Emily de la Pena on 0449 162 677 or [email protected] if you have any questions.