Coding Kids Certification Program
Below are the programs that we run as part of our Certification Program.
Click on a badge to learn more about each program.
Learn to code using drag-and-drop coding blocks! Coding Blocks is a great way for 7-11 year olds to explore the fundamentals of coding and build their own digital solutions, including computer games, animations, interactive stories, music, and art. Learn to write algorithms, computational thinking, creative thinking, graphic design and more.
We run three different types of Coding Blocks courses:
A 2-term program, recommended for Year 1-2 students.
A 2-year program, recommended for Year 2-6 students.
An extension course for students of Scratch.
- Creative Animations
- Curious Games
- Art & Animation
- Fantasy & Stories
- Sports & Games
- Space and Exploration
- Science and Future
- Imaginary Worlds
- Game Design
- Arcade Classics
- Digital Solutions (Primary School)
Ozobot Robotics is an extension of block coding. Learn to program, control and automate robots with coding blocks. Ozobots are clever little robots that can detect various colours on the surface of its tracks. It can follow lines, avoid maze walls and flash various coloured lights.
- Ozobot Robotics
In our web development courses, we focus on creating simple and functional web pages. Upskill your design, creative, communications and coding skills. Suits 10 year olds and older.
- Web Dev: My Personal Website (Level #1)
- Web Dev: My Hardware Shop Website (Level #2)
- Web Dev: My Sophisticated Website (Level #3)
- Web Dev: My Web Games (Level #4)
Python is a high-level, general-purpose computer programming language. It has been used in many popular applications, including YouTube, Google, Instagram, and Spotify. Learning to code with Python is a great place to start for any beginner.
Learn coding fundamentals and build projects such as computer games. You'll learn how to make a quiz game, a text adventure game, various animations, dynamic websites, development boards and much more. Suits 10 year olds and older.
- Python: Python Fundamentals (Level #1)
- Python: Lists, Libraries and Loops (Level #2)
- Python: Tuples & Functions (Level #3)
- Python: Games in Python (Level #4)
- Digital Solutions (High School)
Our Game Design course is the world's most engaging and accessible online coding course for 10-15 year olds and educators who have a penchant for video games! By the end of our course, your mastery over the Python language will enable you to build your own:
- Computer games
- Digital projects
The pre-requisite for this course is our full Python course.
- Game Design Level #1
- Game Design Level #2
- Game Design Level #3
- Game Design Level #4
Security, Linux and Hacking Games is a cyber security course for 14-16 year olds who are interested in learning about security and Linux fundamentals through "hacking" games. This can be attended by beginners new to Linux. No prior experience required.
- The fundamentals of the open-source operating system Linux.
- How to install a Linux virtual machine, which acts as a computer within a computer.
- How to use the terminal (the command line) through a series of war games, where you use your newfound knowledge to break through to the next level.
This course was designed by an information security professional, and delivered using a real-world "hacking" platform.
- Security, Linux, & Hacking Games