Let’s start from Scratch and learn to code: Part 2
In case you missed it… Yesterday afternoon, Thursday 4 May, we ran our second session in a three-part series of web conferences: Let’s start from Scratch and learn to code. Part 2: Let’s create digital artwork and animation stories in Scratch. Learn about logic patterns, algorithms, data storage and making maths fun.
On this page you will find:
- recording of web conference
- presentation slides
- links to Scratch projects
- links to web conferences for Part 3
Recording of web conference Part 2
Register for the next web conference
For more information on the web conference schedule if you would like to register for part 3:
Part 2 – digital artwork and animation movies
In the words of Steve Jobs, “Computer science is a liberal arts”. Let’s create digital artwork and introduce how you can make animated stories with Scratch. Learn about Cartesian coordinates, algorithms, and sequencing.
Links to Scratch projects
– Pattern Studio: learn about Cartesian coordinates, using ‘pen’ blocks, creating buttons and broadcasting messages
– Animation movie: learn about timing conversations, using the ‘say’ block, broadcasting messages to change scenes in the movie, changing sizes of sprites, planning a project by sketching a storyboard.
Part 3: Thursday 11 May, 3.30pm
Let’s build a computer game and make learning about Cartesian coordinates fun. Learn about algorithms, sequencing, branching and looping.