Let’s start from Scratch and learn to code: Part 2
In case you missed it… Yesterday afternoon, Thursday 4 May, we ran our second session in a three-part series of web conferences: Let’s start from Scratch and learn to code. Part 2: Let’s create digital artwork and animation stories in Scratch. Learn about logic patterns, algorithms, data storage and making maths fun.
On this page you will find:
- recording of web conference
- presentation slides
- links to Scratch projects
- links to web conferences for Part 3
Recording of web conference Part 2
Register for the next web conference
For more information on the web conference schedule if you would like to register for part 3:
– Click here for DET staff
Part 2 – digital artwork and animation movies
In the words of Steve Jobs, “Computer science is a liberal arts”. Let’s create digital artwork and introduce how you can make animated stories with Scratch. Learn about Cartesian coordinates, algorithms, and sequencing.
Links to Scratch projects
– Pattern Studio: learn about Cartesian coordinates, using ‘pen’ blocks, creating buttons and broadcasting messages
– Animation movie: learn about timing conversations, using the ‘say’ block, broadcasting messages to change scenes in the movie, changing sizes of sprites, planning a project by sketching a storyboard.
Part 3: Thursday 11 May, 3.30pm
Let’s build a computer game and make learning about Cartesian coordinates fun. Learn about algorithms, sequencing, branching and looping.
If you’re interested in our online classes, click the button below.
If you’re interested to find out more