Trial online classes for kids!
Is your child looking to expand their skills and learn to code, but are unsure how Coding Kids' online classes work? Our trial online classes are a great way to get a taste of what our classes are all about. Let your child build something awesome!
Interesting in setting up a time? Contact us using the form below.
Here is a basic outline of how our trial online classes work:
- All classes go for 1 hour.
- As we are a Brisbane-based organisation, all of our classes run in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- Classes are available both on weekdays – after school and on Saturdays.
- Our classes are fun, structured, and beginner-friendly!
- Only 6 students per class with one tutor.
- All our mentors are holders of Blue Cards/have police checks.
Come along and learn something new with our enthusiastic, trained, Brisbane-based Coding Mentors!
What your child will learn depends on the kind of courses that they choose to take and do. We run five different types of online courses for children aged 7-15:
- 7-11 year olds can…
- design their own computer game using Scratch
- be creative with interactive artwork and animations
- 10-15 year olds can…
- code with Python to a build a text adventure game or creating a Spirograph with Python’s Turtle
Depending on the type of course your child chooses, they will learn…
- how to write algorithms
- creative thinking & innovation
- problem solving, maths and logic
- graphic design and animations
There are many great reasons to choose us! Here are just a few:
- We value people over machines
- We value learning outcomes over product outcomes
- We’re focused on developing future-proofed transferable skills
No one knows what the future holds. But if we can help children who are curious and engaged to develop their skills, they’ll be prepared to solve any problems that may come their way!
Please note that as Coding Kids is a Brisbane-based organisation, so all of our classes run in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST, GMT+10).
Here are the courses available for your child:
For 7-11 year olds
- Scratch: Learn the fundamentals of coding with drag and drop coding blocks.
For 10-15 year olds
- Python: Learn your first text-based programming language and build your own computer games.
- App Dev: Build your first mobile app (iOS and Android) with drag and drop coding blocks.
For all ages
- 3D Modelling: Get creative and learn how to make some awesome designs with 3D graphics!