Professional Development for Teachers
Coding Kids works with schools to design and deliver professional development for teachers.
Our PD will give your teachers the confidence and capabilities to integrate Digital Technologies into their classrooms.
Click the links below to find out more.
Digital Technologies Curriculum
- To enable students to with the skills and confidence to:
- Create preferred futures
- Create digital solutions to solve community problems
- Become active creators of technology, not just passive consumers
- Apply computational, systems and design thinking to solve problems
- To help students become ‘… enterprising individuals who can … develop solutions to complex challenges and contribute to sustainable patterns of living’
- Computational thinking
- Systems thinking
- Design thinking
- Abstraction, which underpins all content, particularly the content descriptions relating to the concepts of data representation and specification, algorithms and implementation
- Data collection (properties, sources and collection of data), data representation (symbolism and separation) and data interpretation (patterns and contexts)
- Specification (descriptions and techniques), algorithms (following and describing) and implementation (translating and programming
- Digital systems (hardware, software, and networks and the internet)
- Interactions (people and digital systems, data and processes) and impacts (sustainability and empowerment)
Our Teacher PD Workshops
We run online professional development sessions with teachers that are tailored to suit the individual schools’ needs and learning outcomes. Below are a few topics that schools can choose from:
- Primary schools: Beginners introduction to Digital Technologies curriculum
- Feel confident with exploring technology
- Design your own Digital Technologies class activities
- Learn how to create projects with Scratch, Tinkercad, Python, mBots, Makey Makey, Arduinos, and more!
- Gain a better understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum (Foundation to Year 6)
- Unplugged activities: Introduction to computational thinking, design thinking and systems thinking
- Drag-and-drop coding: Learn to program with Scratch and Scratch Jr
- Circuity – Integrating software and hardware: Building inventions with Makey Makey
- Programming robots: Learning how to use Ozobot, Sphero, Beebots, Dash and Dot, Edison and more
Our PD is delievered online. We offer full day, half day, and weekly 1-hour programs, which can take place over the weekend, after-school and on pupil free days. Coding Kids is proud to deliver PD programs to educators throughout Australia: we have recently travelled as far north as the Torres Strait, and as far west as Thargomindah.
Events for Teachers
We currently have no in-person workshops running this year.
For online workshops, please contact us for more information.
Like our Facebook page to stay in-the-know of any upcoming events!
- Free 1-hour online workshops (January 21-24, 2019)
- Microlearning for Teachers on January
- Paid full-day workshops (Brisbane, Darwin and Adelaide by Emily)
- Tailored teacher PD for schools (paid events)
- Online Teacher PD - Earthquake detector (beginners)
- Teacher PD at Centenary State High School
- Entrepreneurship Teacher PD
- Microlearning teacher sprint (See blog post here. Watch here.)
- Teacher PD
- Scratch: Quiz Game
- Intro to Python For Beginners
- Micro:bit - Displaying Emoticons and Text For Beginners
- Micro:bit - Magic 8 Ball & Clock For Beginners.
- Griffith Uni Cutting Edge for Teachers Professional Learning Days - Information Booth
Resources for Teachers
We have free resources available for teachers in our blog!
Click the button below to check out our lesson plan for a Beginners Scratch course.
Looking for further guidance?
You can contact us for more information on how you can get us to deliver PD workshops at your school!