Build confidence and capability of teaching staff at your school. Coding Kids can work with your school to design and deliver teacher PD.
In this program, educators will learn how to integrate Digital Technologies into their classroom and subjects such as science, maths, humanities and social sciences etc.
Intent of the curriculum
- Creating preferred futures.
- To help students become ‘… enterprising individuals who can … develop solutions to complex challenges and contribute to sustainable patterns of living.’
- To empower students with the confidence
- creating digital solutions to solve community problems
- to become active creators of technology and not just passive consumers
- by applying computational, systems and design thinking
Key thinking skills
- computational thinking
- systems thinking
- design thinking
- Abstraction, which underpins all content, particularly the content descriptions relating to the concepts of data representation and specification, algorithms and implementation
- Data collection (properties, sources and collection of data), data representation (symbolism and separation) and data interpretation (patterns and contexts)
- Specification (descriptions and techniques), algorithms (following and describing) and implementation (translating and programming
- Digital systems (hardware, software, and networks and the internet)
- Interactions (people and digital systems, data and processes) and impacts (sustainability and empowerment).
Each program is prepared to suit the individual school's needs and learning outcomes. Below are a few topics that schools can choose from...
- Digital Technologies curriculum (primary school)
- Introduction to computational thinking, design thinking & systems thinking (unplugged activities)
- Learn to program with Scratch and Scratch Jr (drag and drop coding)
- Building inventions with Makey Makey (circuitry and integrating software and hardware)
- Programming robots: Ozobot, Sphero, Beebots, Dash and Dot, Edison & more
We offer full day, half day and weekly 1-hour programs which can take place over the weekend, after-school and on pupil free days. Coding Kids is proud to deliver PD programs to educators throughout Australia and have recently travelled as far north as the Torres Strait and west to Thargomindah. Chat with us about delivering a program at your school.
Various programs are available and we welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emily on 0449 162 677.
Beginners Introduction to Digital Technologies
- Feel confident with exploring technology
- Design your own Digital Technologies class activities
- Learn how to create projects with Scratch, Tinkercad, Python, mBot, & MaKey MaKey, Arduino and more.
- Gain a better understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum (Foundation to Year 6)
Contact us for more information on how to deliver PD workshops at your school.