Holiday Hackfun events by Coding Kids offers fun, interactive enrichment programs for 7-15 year olds to give them the best advantage for the future. Give your child the opportunity to build something awesome. We have holiday programs these coming July school holidays located at schools and also delivered as online code clubs.
We have two tutors for 15 students. All of our tutors have Blue Cards (police checks).
We develop children who are creative, curious, empowered, and engaged. We encourage creators, problem solvers, creative thinkers and explorers.
Our workshops cover:
- coding, robotics, and STEM
Holiday programs are available these July school holidays as:
- Holiday Hackafun held at school venues
- online code clubs (partake in the comfort of your own home)
Your child will learn about:
- computational thinking (writing algorithms to solve problems)
- creative thinking
- problem solving, maths and logic
- design (graphic design and user interface, how the user uses the software)
- innovation and design thinking (problem solving through empathy for the user and iterative design)
Your child will build projects such as:
- designing their own computer game, e.g. text adventure games, recreating Pac-man or other classic arcade games
- exploring maths in a fun and adventurous way, e.g. creating spirography with Python's Turtle and experimenting with geometry, maths and angles
- being creative with interactive, digital artwork e.g. creative animations which respond to sound, camera image movement, and other user inputs such as key presses.
Why choose us?
- people over machine
- learning outcomes over product outcomes
- developing future-proofed transferable skills
No one knows what the future holds, but if we can develop children who are curious and engaged, they will be ready and excited in a world of change.
For beginners, we would recommend these programs:
- drag and drop coding for 7-10 year olds
- Python for 10-15 year olds
- Web dev for 10-15 year olds
- 3D modelling for 7-15 year olds
We also deliver advanced programs for our Hackafun courses.
Holiday Hackafun is held in school locations and interactive online code clubs. Our Holiday Hackafun events are available at Yeronga State School, Bulimba State School, Hendra State School, Middle Park State School and Ipswich Junior Grammar School. Click on the buttons below to view our timetable for the upcoming July school holidays.