Security, Linux, & Hacking Games
Welcome to the world of Cyber Security!
Did you know that businesses pay good guys to try and hack their security systems?
Ethical hacking is a way of finding weaknesses in cyber security systems, and is instrumental in helping companies and individuals bolster their cyber defences against outsiders trying to get access to their information.
Do you want to be like Parisa Tabriz? She is Google’s cyber warrior princess. Her job is to keep everyone cyber safe. She is paid to hack into Google, find flaws in the system and to outhack the hackers.
What is this course about?
Our Cyber Security course, Security, Linux & Hacking Games, is an online course for 14-16 year olds who are interested in learning about cyber security and Linux fundamentals through “hacking” games. No prior experience is required.
✅ 100% beginner friendly
✅ For 14-16 year olds
What will my child learn?
Students will learn about the fundamentals of cyber security by learning how to use an operating system (OS) called Linux.
You can think of an OS as software that allows all the software and hardware on your computer to work in harmony. Some other examples of operating systems are Mac and Windows.
- Introducing Linux
- What is the Linux operating system?
- What is hardware and software, and where do operating systems fit into the mix?
- What is a virtual machine?
- Bash scripting
- What is the command line?
- How can we use Bash to write give commands to Linux?
- Linux utilities
- What are some common commands that we can use?
- Network scanning
- Open source intelligence
- Web vulnerability scanning
Our course was designed by a professional information security consultant and uses a real-world “hacking” platform.
Instructor to guide students in a live online class
What will I need?
- This course is beginner-friendly for students who are aged 14-16.
- Students who have completed Python Level #2 may wish to do a trial class before participating in the course.
- Minimum 4GB of RAM
- 20GB of free disk space
- i3 processor or better
- You will need to download install VirtualBox. You will also need to download Kali Linux for VirtualBox and Metasploitable 2. All information on how to do this can be found here
“Kieran is very impressed and is really enjoying the Security, Linux and Hacking games online classes. He said the content is very appealing – he likes the hacking games style, he enjoyed the problem solving of finding the weaknesses in the virtual computer exercise – and the tutor is very engaging.” – Rachel, mum of student.