Inspiring an entrepreneurial mindset
Book in school incursions to give your students the opportunity to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and skillset.
Our entrepreneurship incursion is the perfect way to extend the existing Digital Technologies curriculum. Digital Technologies endeavours to empower students to create digital solutions to community problems. Entrepreneurship for Students enables them to become active creators, engaged citizens, and problem solvers who are creating preferred futures.
What does our entrepreneurship program cover?
- Another way to make a living: There is an alternative to being an employee, doing a trade, or studying at university.
- Lean startup methodology: a scientific and evidence-based approach to starting and building a business
- Business model canvas: the fundamentals of business: marketing, sales, understanding customers, financial modelling, developing a product, and operations.
- Identify a problem and ideate solutions
- Target audience, branding, & digital marketing
Venue: Your school.
Fees: $3000 per day plus GST (plus travel time outside of the Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast, and Sunshine)
Day program options:
- 3x 2-hour workshops per day, 30 students per workshop, or
- one full-day workshop, for 30 students
- 8-week program (please enquire for pricing)
Where can we visit?
We have travelled far and wide delivering workshops in places such as the Torres Strait, Mt Isa, and Thargomindah. We have delivered workshops with the Queensland College of Teachers, Queensland University of Technology, Griffith University, State Library of Queensland, and many others.
Entrepreneurship for Students: 8-week program
- Introduce the process for the 8 weeks: business model canvas and lean startup methodology, including iterative design and testing assumptions.
- Pitching crazy ideas
- Form teams and define problem to address. We can work with the school to create a list of community problems to help student teams to select a problem to address.
- Ideate solutions.
- Learn startup: sell, then build.
- Create a landing page to collect market validation (ongoing)
- Design thinking: rapid prototyping, user feedback, market validation, iterative design, pivoting
- Finding product-market fit
- Target audience: who are your customers (demographics, psychographic, behaviours, interests) including customers vs users
- Customer segments and diffusion of innovations curve
- Customer surveys
- Branding: visuals, messaging, update landing page
- How to communicate to your target audience (customer segments)
- Digital marketing, social media and building a tribe
- Social media advertising: objective, target audience, visuals and messaging
- Revenue model: costs, income, and making a profit
- Employee salary vs. shareholder dividends
- Prepare for pitch event
- Pitch event (presentations)
- Or alternatively, we can use the last session to spend more time on operations and the revenue model.