We run the following courses:
- Scratch: Learn the fundamentals of coding with a drag-and-drop coding blocks. (for 8-11 year olds)
- Python: Learn your first text-based programming language. (for 10-15 year olds)
- Databases: Design and manage your first database using SQL. A database is something in which electronic data can be stored and received, and has a wide variety of uses in IT! (for 12+ year olds)
Please note that, as we are a Brisbane-based organisation, all of our classes run in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST, GMT+10).
What you’ll need for an online class
- A computer/laptop
- Internet access
- Microphone (Please test before your first lesson)
- Zoom videoconferencing software from the official Zoom website
- The meeting code to the class, which will be emailed out before your class
What you’ll need for…
- Scratch: a Scratch username and password from the official Scratch website.
- Python: Python and IDLE (bundled package) from the official Python website; please download and install it the package.
- Web Dev: Notepad (comes with Windows computers) or Notepad++, which you can download from the official Notepad++ website.
For more information on how to prepare for your first class, visit this page on our website.