Teacher PD Microlearning Sprint
*Only 4-6 minutes every day for 10 days*
Join our Teacher PD microlearning sprint
What is microlearning?
Microlearning is small learning units with highly focused learning outcomes. It involves 4-6 minutes of targeted learning experience.
Microlearning is becoming more relevant in an ever-changing world. Microlearning allows us to focus 4-6 minutes each day on targeted learning. The benefits include:
- Small but consistent commitment
- Learn by doing
- Action and embed today and every day
- Continual improvement
When we undertake a multi-day course, it’s like drinking from the firehose. There is a lot that we don’t remember and we are not able to start actioning all the learnings straight away. We still need to review the course at a later date.
Teacher PD microlearning sprint
We will be running a teacher PD microlearning sprint over the Spring school holidays. It will be delivered via Facebook live.
In the 10 days of our microlearning sprint we will cover:
- What is computational thinking? (What is an algorithm?)
- What is coding/computer programming?
- 6 fundamentals: sequencing
- 6 fundamentals: branching
- 6 fundamentals: iteration
- 6 fundamentals: arithmetic, data storage, data in, data out
- Introduction to Scratch
- The trickiest part: Problem decomposition
- Iterative design: guess and learn
- The big secret to creating digital solutions
Each Facebook live video will be 3-5 minutes each day.
- Monday 24th – Friday 28th September
- Monday 1st – Friday 5th October
Time: Approximately 10.00am every day
The way Facebook live videos work is that even if you are not available to watch that exact time, it will be available to watch later on at a time that suits you. You can type into the comments section and ask questions. We will be able to respond to your questions and comments.
If you would like to watch the videos after this event, you can access all the videos here in our YouTube Microlearning Playlist. You can still sign up to the mini-quiz emails and complete these in your own time.
Each mini-quiz takes only 1-2 minutes. If you are interested in receiving the 10 mini-quizzes, sign up here:
Follow us on Facebook to join more Teacher PD microlearning videos.