Mid-term update: Scratch Art and Animation
Schools: Yeronga State School, Norman Park State School
Mid-term: Term 1, 2018
Course: Scratch – Art and Animation
These are the projects we have built so far:
We recreate a simple paint project. We build colour blocks that allow us to change the colour of the pen. We also use the space key to put the pen down and up, i.e. switch it on and off.
The colour blocks act as buttons which tell the pencil sprite what colour pen to use. To make this happen, we learn about broadcast blocks. Broadcast blocks allow one sprite to send a message to another sprite and trigger an action.
We learn to:
- Use key presses as user inputs
- Create buttons that result in actions
- Broadcast messages between sprites, which trigger actions
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/199169010/
Penguin Arty Party
Penguin Arty Party is a super-creative computer game. Penguin moves left to right, following the mouse pointer. The disco ball at the top of the screen automatically moves left and right. At random intervals, balloons drop from the disco ball. When penguin catches a balloon, he earns one point.
We learn to:
- Use XY coordinates
- Use random number generation
- Create clones to make our code more efficient
- Use variables to store a number, i.e. game score
- Use collision detection to determine when penguin touches a balloon
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/199169818/
For more information, please email us.