Faith Lutheran College End-of-term update
School: Faith Lutheran College
End-of-term: Term 1, 2018
Course: Scratch – Space and Exploration
Asteroid Smash (challenging)
Use the arrow keys to control the movement of the rocketship. Press space key to shoot at the asteroids.
We learn to:
- Control sprite movements in a different way
- Use clones to make our code more efficient
- Create a “You Win” screen when the player wins
- Use three different variables in this project: XSpeed, YSpeed, AsteroidCount
The XSpeed and YSpeed variables give the asteroids a random speed in both directions (X & Y). The AsteroidCount variable counts how many asteroids the player has hit.
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/169947386/
Not Exactly Space Invaders (challenging)
This game was inspired by the original Space Invaders game.
We learn to:
- Use XY coordinates
- Create clones to make our code more efficient
- Use variables to store the XY coordinates of one object, so that it can be followed by other objects
- Animate an explosion by drawing our own explosion costume
- Create a “You Win” screen
- Create a “Game Over” screen
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/115902745/
Make your own project
In Week 7, students made their own project with the guidance of our tutors.
Week 8 is Demo Day, students get time to finish their projects and then present their projects in front of our parent and student audience.
For more information, please email us.
See here for next term’s program.