End-of-term update: Scratch – Space and Exploration
School: Belmont State School,Camp Hill State School
End-of-term: Term 1, 2018
Course: Scratch – Space and Exploration
Land the Spaceship
Use the arrow keys to land the spaceship onto the landing pad.
We learn to:
- Create a gravity effect, i.e. if we do nothing, the spaceship will fall with gravity
- Use the arrow keys as inputs
- Use XY coordinates
- Use collision detection, i.e. the rocket ship detects when it is touching the landing pad and the gravity effect no longer influences it
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/114636628/
Aliens are Catching a Lift
Catch the aliens but not the robots.
We learn to:
- Join strings (a data type), i.e. text, and include the use of a variable in displaying text
- Use random number generation
- XY coordinates
- Collision detection
- Branching or conditional statements
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/194403812/
Make your own project
In Week 7, students made their own project with the guidance of our tutors.
Week 8 is Demo Day, students get time to finish their projects and then present their projects in front of our parent and student audience.
For more information, please email us.
See here for next term’s program.