Bulimba State School End-of-term update
School: Bulimba State School
End-of-term: Term 1, 2018
Course: Scratch – Space and Exploration
Land the Spaceship
Use the arrow keys to land the spaceship onto the landing pad.
We learn to:
– Create a gravity effect, i.e. if we do nothing, the spaceship will fall with gravity
– Use the arrow keys as inputs
– Use XY coordinates
– Use collision detection, i.e. the rocket ship detects when it is touching the landing pad
and the gravity effect no longer influences it
Link to Scratch project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/114636628/
Making an animation mini-movie is one of the most creative things you can design with
coding. Each student makes their own animation movie over 2 weeks.
Let’s use this animation movie as an example:
Before we start coding up an animation movie, we first need to sketch up a storyboard. Here
is one we made earlier.
We learn to:
– Time conversations
– Change direction and size of sprites to indicate depth
– Turn sprites around
– Show and hide objects in each scene
– Show text in the title screen and the end screen
– Use broadcast to change scenes
– Use various techniques to create visual techniques
Make your own project
In Week 7, students made their own project with the guidance of our tutors.
Week 8 is Demo Day, students get time to finish their projects and then present their
projects in front of our parent and student audience.
For more information
Feel free to email us here .
For next term’s program, see here: https://www.codingkids.com.au/enrol/schools/