Build something awesome!
Coding Kids offers fun, interactive enrichment programs for 7-15 year olds to give them the best advantage for the future. Give them the opportunity to build something awesome. We develop children who are creative, curious, empowered, and engaged. We encourage creators, problem solvers, creative thinkers and explorers.
Our workshops cover:
- coding, robotics, and STEM
Workshops are available as:
- after-school clubs located at school venues
- online code clubs (partake in the comfort of your own home)
Your child will learn about:
- computational thinking (writing algorithms to solve problems)
- creative thinking
- problem solving, maths and logic
- design (graphic design and user interface, how the user uses the software)
- innovation and design thinking (problem solving through empathy for the user and iterative design)
Your child will build projects such as:
- designing their own computer game, e.g. text adventure games, recreating Pac-man or other classic arcade games
- exploring maths in a fun and adventurous way, e.g. creating spirography with Python's Turtle and experimenting with geometry, maths and angles
- being creative with interactive, digital artwork e.g. creative animations which respond to sound, camera image movement, and other user inputs such as key presses.
Why choose us?
- people over machine
- learning outcomes over product outcomes
- developing future-proofed transferable skills
No one knows what the future holds, but if we can develop children who are curious and engaged, they will be ready and excited in a world of change.
For beginners, we would recommend these programs:
- codeBuilder.Scratch for 7-10 year olds
- hackafun.Python for 10-15 year olds
- hackafun.WebDev for 10-15 year olds
We also deliver advanced programs for our Hackafun courses.
Coding Kids programs are available as after-school clubs, and online code clubs. We have locations all over Brisbane, from Shorncliffe, to Yatala, and from Redlands to Ipswich.